Customer Support Service Operations
Active In SP
Joined: Mar 2010
22-04-2010, 11:27 AM
Customer Support Service Operations.doc (Size: 46 KB / Downloads: 63)
The Customer Support Service Operation is an application that has been developed for a distribution company, which deals with electronic testing and measurement equipment. The distribution company represents more than 100 different principal organizations in India and abroad. Some of the products, which are dealt, may require Installation and support, and some products may need after sales service. The distribution company has a majority of items that require installation support and periodic customer support. The different products that become part of the business process are Process control Material testing, Electronic components testing, Heat sensing etc equipments. The products are categorized as main line products and spares. The spares may be associated with more than one maintain product .The actual application initiates itself with installation of the product, each installation is treated as unique component under the database. The client for any futher interaction or support services refers this installation number. After every installation an installation report has to be generated. The complaints are lodged with customer support division, and the complaints are assigned to a customer support executive. The complaint form should record the brief description of the problem, date, and time and client contact person name. Each time the CSE visits the client site and leaves in response to a complaint, a service report form is filled. The problems that are solved should be certified by the client representative. A service call may require a spare, in such cases the CSE should fill up a spare request form, quoting the installation number and the details of the required spares. The spares are changed as per the warranty standards that are provided by the company for the product, which needs to be specifically crosschecked at the time of providing the service.
The project and implimentation has been planned to be having the view of distributed architecture, with centralized storage of the database. The application for the storage of the data has been planned. Using the constructs of oracle and all the user interfaces have been designed using the Java technologies. The database connectivity is planned using the JDBC Connection methodology. The standards of security and data protective mechanism have been given a big choice for proper usage. The application takes care of different modules and their associated reports, which are produced as per the applicable strategies and standards that are put forwarded by the administrative staff.
The entire project and implimentation has been developed keeping in view of the distributed client server computing technology, in mind. The specification have been normalized up to 3NF to eliminate all the anomalies that may arise due to the database transaction that are executed by the general users and the organizational administration. The user interfaces are browser specific to give distributed accessibility for the overall system. The internal database has been selected as Oracle. The basic constructs of tablespaces, clusters and indexes have been exploited to provide higher consistency and reliability for the data storage. The Oracle was a choice as it provides the constructs of high-level reliability and security. The total front end was dominated using the Java technologies. At all proper levels high care was taken to check that the system manages the data consistency with proper business rules or validations. The database connectivity was planned using the latest JDBC Connection technology provided by Microsoft Corporation. The authentication and authorization was crosschecked at all the relevant stages. The user level accessibility has been restricted into two zones namely. The administrative zone and the normal user zone.
Why the New system
The development of the new system contains the following activities, which try to automate the entire process keeping in view of the database integration approach.
1. The administrators have grates accessibility in collecting the consistent information that is very much necessary for the system to exist and coordinate.
2. The system at any point of time can provide the different organizations with which the business process has been established.
3. The system in a flash of a second can provide all the different products and equipments it is marketing for its existence.
4. The system can provide the integrated relation among the products, their equipment type and the product requirement standards as per the association, along with product category and classification.
5. The system can store and retrieve the employees information at any point of time and can be used as a cross reference by the complaints scheduling staff when the need for a CSE arises.
6. The system while its operation can keep track of the product sales along with the history of customers upon whom the sale in executed.
7. The system can help the CSEâ„¢s by providing the product installation information, which is very critical whenever the service schedule arises.
8. The system can keep its customers with absent satisfaction upon the product complaints and, which can be scheduled upon to the respective CSEâ„¢s in a proper organized manner.
9. The system can provide the organizational administration with the information about the service reports that have been generated by the CSEâ„¢s as and when they visit the customer for a scheduled complaint.
10. The system can provide the actual information of the maintenance contractor that have been signed by the customers from time to time, such that it can guide the CSEâ„¢s in preparing the service charges and spares charges as per the organizational standard.
Number of Modules
The system after careful analysis has been identified to be presented with the following modules:
1. Product Information Module: This module maintains the information of all the products that are practically manufactured by this organization. This module also integrates itself with the equipment type, the product required standard and the product category type and the product category classification.
2. Sales information module: The sales information module manages the entire information of the sales that were executed upon the system for different products. The system also manages the integration with the customer number upon the customer table with a proper reference to the products that have been sold to the specific customers.
3. Products installation module: This module takes care of the information related to all the installation that have been implemented with specific to the products that have been sold .The module maintains integration with the products database the staff who has installed the product and all the other relevant information as specific to the product installation.
4. Product complaints module: This module manages the information related to the complaints that get generated upon the clients once the product has been installed, and falls under the warranty or maintenance contract.
Use Search at http://topicideas.net/search.php wisely To Get Information About Project Topic and Seminar ideas with report/source code along pdf and ppt presenaion