Active In SP
Joined: Jun 2010
24-11-2010, 03:54 PM
MARKETING NOTES Module 1,21.doc (Size: 322 KB / Downloads: 124)
It can be broadly defined as the study of the performance of sales, distribution, advertising & sales promotion, planning of product sales & conducting research for demand.
In short, those functions in a business that directly involve contact with the consumer & assessment of their needs are called marketing.
According to Kotler marketing is a social & managerial process by which individuals &groups obtain what they need & want through creating, offering & exchanging products of value with others.
FEATURES OF MARKETING
* Marketing is a concept, a way of thinking. It starts where production leaves off.
* The marketing concept assumes that the objective of all business enterprise is to make a return to those who have invested in it.
* Marketing is a total function & is concerned with activities such as product planning, product development, product change, pricing & packaging selling & sales promotion & advertising & marketing research.
* Marketing places its primary emphasis on the profitable satisfaction of consumer’s need by providing products as a means to the end of satisfying needs.
* In the marketing concept the consumer is at the top of the organization chart.
IMPORTANCE OF MARKETING
* Marketing is the heart of any business organization .Thus, it affects each person’s life .
* Marketing aims at satisfying the needs of customers, accordingly it create utilities of time, place & possession.
* Marketing as a career provides an employment opportunity to various people.
* It helps in developing economic resources of any country.
* Marketing brings regional balances.
* Marketing determines the pattern of consumptions.
* Marketing aims to provide quality products & services , so as to satisfy the customer and ultimately raise their standard of living.
OBJECTIVES OF MARKETING
* To satisfy the needs and wants of customers.
* To determine marketing-mix that aim to satisfy the needs of the customer.
* To generate and create goodwill for the enterprise.
* To raise the standard of living of the people.
* To establish the organization &the methods which will be required.
*Helping one self to decide whether his career shall be marketing.
Marketing management is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion and distribution of goods, services and ideas to create exchanges with target groups that satisfy customer and organizational objectives.
* To satisfy customer.
* To create good image of the organization.
* To increase the quality of life of the people.
* To increase profit for the growth of the business.
* To generate more and more customer base for the business.
* To determine the marketing-mix that will satisfy the needs of customer.
Active In SP
Joined: Dec 2010
13-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I am a student of MBA and my major is goodyear service center couponsmarketing.It will really help me in my study so thank you so much for sharing it here..