Nanotechnology In Medical field
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2011
02-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Sampath Kumar shetty
Nanomedicine.ppt (Size: 1.09 MB / Downloads: 248)
• Shortened as “nanotech”.
• Deals with structures ranging from 1 to 100nm.
• Involves developing materials of the same size.
• Measured using Nanoscale.
What is Nano technology?
The official definition of the US National Nanotechnology Initiative says that nanotechnology involves ‘research and technology development at the atomic, molecular, or macromolecular levels, in the length scale of approximately 1 to 100 nm range.
• First coined by Richard Feynman.
• Manipulating material at a scale of individual atoms and molecules.
• Tokyo university defined the term
• Dr.K.Eric Drexler's promotion.
• Invention of STM and AFM.
• The prefix “nano”is a Greek word for “dwarf”.
• Measured by Nano meter.
• One billionth of meter.
• About a width of 6 carbon atoms or 10 water molecules.
• A human hair is approximately 80,000 nm wide.
• Red blood cells is 7000 nm wide.
• Atoms are smaller than 1 nanometer.
The science and technology of diagnosing, treating and preventing disease and traumatic injury, of relieving pain, and of preserving and improving human health, using molecular tools and molecular knowledge of the human body.
Application of Nano medicine
• Quantum dots.
• Therapeutic applications
• Delivering medication to the exact location.
• Killing of bacteria, viruses & cancer cells
• Repair of damaged tissues.
• Oxygen transport.
• Skin and dental care.
What are they?
• Nanorobots are Nanodevices.
• Size of 0.5-3 micrometers
• To repair or detect damages and infections.
• Exfuse themselves through human excretory system.
• Detection of harmful cancer cells.
Destruction of cancer cells.
• Nanoprobe can be made to generate radiation.
• Detection using actinium-225
• Destruction of cancer cells by acoustic signals.
Prevention of heart attacks
Devices working in the bloodstream could nibble away at atherosclerotic deposits, widening the affected blood vessels.
This would prevent most heart attacks
Advantages of Nano medicine
• Detection is very easy.
• No side effects.
• No surgery required.
• Diseases can be easily cured.
• Not practical yet.
• High cost.
• Implementation difficulties.
Nano medicine one of the important applications of the nanotechnology has made a revolutionary development in the medical field. So now various diseases are just far away from us.
Active In SP
Joined: Apr 2011
09-04-2011, 12:11 PM
i want the most recent topics in biotech for seminar and presentation
Joined: Jul 2011
08-02-2012, 11:08 AM
to get information about the topic nanotechnology applications full report,ppt and related topic refer the link bellow
seminar and presentationproject and implimentationsattachment.php?aid=581
topicideashow-to-nanotechnology-download-full-seminar and presentation-report?page=3
topicideashow-to-nanotechnology-download-full-seminar and presentation-report?page=4
topicideashow-to-nanotechnology-download-full-seminar and presentation-report
topicideashow-to-nanotechnology-the-next-science-frontier-seminar and presentation-report
topicideashow-to-nanotechnology-download-full-seminar and presentation-report?page=6
|Possibly Related Threads...|
|Emergency Medical Technicians||seminar flower||0||738||
11-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Last Post: seminar flower
|Wireless Chemical Networks for Nano-medical Applications||projectsofme||0||1,000||
01-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Last Post: projectsofme
|Ion Chamber Dosimetry: Accuracy in Small X-Ray Field Measurements||electronics seminars||0||1,608||
06-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Last Post: electronics seminars