Software Based Tracking System
Active In SP
Joined: Feb 2011
17-02-2011, 11:21 AM
FinalReport.pdf (Size: 314.81 KB / Downloads: 92)
Software Based Tracking System
1.1 Literature review
Could you protect yourself and call for help at the same time? In present daysthere is no such technology which can server this purpose.
Some of the statics of crimes are as follows:
The crime rate for IPC crimes at National level increased by 4.4% (from 167.7 in2006 to 175.1 in 2007), however, the crime rate in cities has increased by 3.2%.The proportion of IPC crimes committed against women towards total IPC crimeshas increased during last 5 years from 7.6% in 2003 to 8.8% during 2007.The following are the other crimes surveyed as per National Crime Records Bureau, India
•Total 80,000 approx accidental deaths in the country during the year 2007.
•Total 27,561 approx kidnapping in the country during the year 2007.
•Total 32,318 approx Murder in the country during the year 2007.
•Total 20,737 approx Rape in the country during the year 2007.
•Total 90,000 approx other crimes like Dacoity, Robbery, Burglary/House
Breaking in the country during the year 2007.
1.2 Present developments
What if the mobile phone could contact all your friends or relative telling them of your situation?Maybe provide your location? What if your phone could do all of this by simply pressing abutton?
Why our software?
A person is in ill health and he is incapacitated to call his close contacts and talk over thephone to them. But also he must inform others that he needs immediate help. He can doso by only pressing a button provided through the GUI provided by our software. Oursoftware then contacts the predefined person at the same time informing them that the
sender is in need of immediate help. It also provides them with the current location of thesender who is in need of help. Receivers can view this location on the map and can alsoview the video that is being captured by the camera in his mobile.
A person is lost and he does not know his own current location. He will then have to firstdetermine his location and then call others and explain them that he needs help and also needs to tell them about his exact location, which may be a complicated and timeconsuming process. Using our software “Software Based Tracking System” he candirectly inform others that he needs help and also show his exact location on map in a
A person is being kidnapped and taken to another location and he is not in asituation to talk or make noise. In such a situation the victim can just activate oursoftware by pressing one button to contact his friend or relative. Since the person ismoving, the software tracks his continuously changing location and plots it on thereceivers map with the video.
1.3 Statement of the problem.
•Be able to maintain the information about the person to whom the victim contacts
in an Emergency condition.
•Be able to activate the Emergency mode with the press of a button.
•Should be able to switch back to normal mode.
•Should be able to capture live video using phone’s camera and broadcast.
•Should ask for credentials before cancelling Emergency Mode.
•The application should show the GPS location of the victims on Google map.
•Should show the video stream being broadcasted from the victims camera on the Google map.