mechanical engineering crazy|
Active In SP
Joined: Jul 2009
28-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Web based data Retrieval and Manipulation System for Multiple Databases
The Database interface tool is designed and developed to test the database Connectivity features of JDBC drivers and their supported databases. The tool provides in depth control of the API sequence of the driver. The DBI tool covers all methods defined in the JDBC specification. DBI tool provides facility for processing queries .The tool provides an abstract format and interface to submit an SQL statement and view the results. When different companies provide different drivers to connect to their databases, we seldom found a server side application to interact with any database like oracle, my -sql offered by a database providers and also there is a need to have a user friendly interface to query the database and obtain the results from the server.
The existing system has different tools or consoles for each and differently. The user feels uneasy to switch over to a different database by learning the how to use console for that database. User has to manually copy the results from the console and paste it in a file to store results of the query.
This entire system needs to be performed on the browser which is common to all the databases for better performance and makes it user-friendly.
The objectives of the system are as follows.
1. To connect to different kinds of databases which are located in different areas and it should be Flexible and user-friendly screens. We can run all the SQL statements from the browser and see the results on it.
2. We can switch to any database by just switching the connections
3. The results has to be displayed and those results can also be exported to .CSV files
Scope of the System
The scope of the project and implimentation has no boundaries. The system can be accessed from anywhere in the world. We can also implement internationalization (i18n) to support user interface in various/local languages.
The modules are
1. Structure: It gives the list of all tables which are present in the current/selected user. This module is used to browse and view the structure of an existing database object.
2. Properties: The properties module enables us to modify data types, size and constraints assigned to each field.
3. SQL Operations: Using this module, we can use and implement different kinds of SQL statements. The result of the SQL statement will be displayed immediately after executing the statement.
5. Export and Import: This module gives the feature of exporting existing schema object(s) to an SQL file. Here the facility is there to export only tables, only single user or the entire schema and importing the existing SQL scripts to the existing schema.
Features to be implemented
Ã‚Â·0 Three-tier architecture
Ã‚Â·2 Easy deployment with Ant script
Ã‚Â·3 Exception handling
Ã‚Â·4 Client-side validations
Technologies to be used
Ã‚Â·0 Web Presentation: HTML, CSS
Ã‚Â·2 Programming Language: Java
Ã‚Â·3 Database Connectivity API: JDBC
Ã‚Â·4 Build Tool: ANT
Ã‚Â·5 Debug Tool: Log 4J
Ã‚Â·6 Backend Database: Oracle/SQL Server/MY SQL/MS Access
Ã‚Â·7 Operating System: Windows XP/2000/2003, LINUX, Solaris
Ã‚Â·8 J2EE Web/Application Server: Tomcat/Weblogic/Websphere/JBoss/Glass Fish
Ã‚Â·9 IDEs: Eclipse with My Eclipse plug-ins/Net Beans/RAD
Ã‚Â·10 Browser: IE/Mozilla
Ã‚Â·1 Processor --------- Intel P-IV based system
Ã‚Â·2 RAM Capacity -------- 128MB
Ã‚Â·3 Hard Disk -------- 20GB
Ã‚Â·4 CD-ROM Drive -------- 32 HZ
Ã‚Â·5 KEYBOARD -------- 108 Standard
Use Search at http://topicideas.net/search.php wisely To Get Information About Project Topic and Seminar ideas with report/source code along pdf and ppt presenaion